Why should your business not rely only on email as an alert delivery channel?
Organizations invest thousands of dollars annually to monitor the health of their devices, applications, systems, servers and overall network. If you are an IT manager, chances are that you would be facing the following situation at your work:
- Monitoring multiple infrastructure platforms, multiple networks, and many different devices
- Overwhelmed with countless email alerts that often are ignored or go unnoticed
- Lack of resources hindering the addressing and prioritisation of alerts
- ITSM desk response time not fast enough to reduce systems and operations downtime
Today’s IT environments are more complex than ever, with several points of potential failure – interruption in power supply, internet connectivity failure, system problems, intrusion in the firewall, cybersecurity breach etc. These can lead to unplanned downtime which can have a serious impact on revenue and business reputation. It is vital to ensure continuous uptime of your mission-critical applications and infrastructure components.
Traditionally, companies have relied predominantly on email alerts as a trigger mechanism to notify about a crisis. Critical alerts often get buried under a plethora of emails or simply go unnoticed. As such, critical alerts should not be delivered by a single channel only such as e-mail.
Here are some reasons organisations should not rely solely on email alerts:
- If the email alert is sent after office hours there is a possibility of not having access to emails leading to a delayed response to the crisis
- If the email server is down and no auto-fallback with alternative delivery channel(s) in place, it may cause business operations to be disrupted and losses to be incurred.
Organizations need real-time notifications which support out of band delivery and promote faster response times.
sendQuick’s Notification Management Platform (NMP) can centralize, consolidate, correlate, and instantly deliver out-of-band alerts and notifications from various monitoring platforms and other network systems. It can also send alerts via email and other multiple media such as social messengers
Benefits of sendQuick:
- Critical Out-of-Band alerts with specific information can be delivered in real time
- Policy-based escalation allows you to direct text alerts via SMS and social messengers and automatically escalate until acknowledged and responded to; reducing downtime.
- Concise information delivery via SMS, email and social messengers to on-call professionals and specific teams and team members.
- Supports email SMTP, SNMP Traps, Syslog messages and converts to SMS
- Policy-based & intelligent SMS routing; filter for selective SMS alert messages
- Proactive monitoring and alerting identifies issues reducing downtime
- Notification Smart Routing allows precise and efficient delivery to designated individuals and groups for immediate action
- Supports unlimited applications, devices, and servers